Located in mountainous terrain in the north-east of the province, most of the village lies within the boundary of La Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, while a small area belongs to Los Alcornocales Natural Park.
The village, a classic example of what are known as the white villages, has several places of interest to the tourist, such as the remains of the Roman Road (Calzada Romana), Tovizna Castle (Castillo de Tovizna) and the Church (Iglesia Mayor).
Founded by the Arabs in the 8th century. The first village flourished under the protection of the castle known today as Tavizna Castle.
Conquered by Christian troops in 1485, it became part of the estate of the house of Ponce de Leon, to whom it belonged until the 19th century, when the village was declared an independent municipality.
- Max 14
- Min 13
- Max 57
- Min 55