The village of Caniles is a part of the Natural Park of Sierra de Baza, a truly "climatic island" due to its humidity and dense vegetation with mountain peaks reaching over 2,000 m, which sets a contrast with the surrounding area.
In the old part of town stands out the Parish Church of Santa María and San Pedro.
Under the Arab Andalusian period, it was named Canilles de Baça.
Conquered by the Catholic Monarchs in 1487, it was given as a landed state to Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba, el Gran Capitán (the Great Captain).
A century later, once the Moors were expelled, after the uprising they carried out in most of the old Nasrid kingdom of Granada, the village was depopulated. It was from 1468 it was inhabited again by people from the north of Spain.
The weather today in Caniles
- Max 21
- Min 6
- Max 69
- Min 42