Village situated in the middle of the mountains, within the judicial district of Aracena. The village itself has been declared Property of Cultural Interest and the Parish church of Ntra. Sra.de los Remedios and the old chapel of the Virgen de la Coronada stand out.
Its municipal AREA belongs to the Sierra de Aracena y los Picos de Aroche Natural Park, one of the most important protected spaces of the Community, which occupies the whole of the north of the province with its meadows and small rises in the ground, covered predominantly in holm oak woods, cork oaks, chestnut trees and scrub through which numerous streams flow forming an extraordinarily beautiful and attractive landscape.
HistoryRemains form Roman times have been found near the Sanctuary of Nuestra Señora Coronada.
Its name comes from the Corte del rey Azor (Court of King Azor), a gentlemen that took possession of these lands after the dismemberment of the Caliphate of Cordoba and the formation of the "taifa" kingdoms in Al-Andalus times.
The Christian conquest was carried out by Alfonso X the Wise One and it belonged to the province of Seville until the creation of the province of Huelva in 1833.
Felipe IV granted it the title of "Villa" in 1631.
The weather today in Cortelazor
- Max 18
- Min 16
- Max 64
- Min 60
Distance to the capital (km)
Altitude above sea level (m)
Extension (Km 2 )
No. of Inhabitants
Copied to clipboard
MON TUE WED THUR FRI SAT SUN
Distance to the town (km)