Higuera de la Sierra
Village situated in the northeast of the province, near to the province of Seville. It is included in the Sierra de Aracena y los Picos de Aroche Natural Park, one of the most important protected spaces of the Community, which occupies the whole of the north of the province with its meadows and small rises in the ground, covered predominantly in holm oak woods, cork oaks, chestnut trees and scrub through which numerous streams flow forming an extraordinarily beautiful and attractive landscape which is ideal for livestock, especially pigs which find the conditions here ideal.
The village itself and Saint Sebastian's Church are catalogued as Property of Cultural Interest. Saint Anthony's Chapel, the Chapel of the Cristo del Rosario, the old bullring and the beauty spot known as Las Tobas are interesting.
After the Christian conquest carried out by Pelay Correa, in 1246, it belonged to Aracena and Zufre.
Before, it was called Higuera de Aracena.
During the reign of Carlos V it received the title of "Villa", in 1553.
During the XIX century there was a certain economic peak due to the introduction of the cork industry by the Catalans.
Alonso Miguel de Tobar, painter.
Sebastián Santos, sculptor.
- Max 12
- Min 7
- Max 53
- Min 44