Linares de la Sierra
Small village located between Alájar and Aracena, in the centre of the Sierra de Aracena y los Picos de Aroche Natural Park, one of the most important protected spaces of the Community, which occupies the whole of the north of the province with its meadows and small rises in the ground, covered predominantly in holm oak woods, cork oaks, chestnut trees and scrub through which numerous streams flow forming an extraordinarily beautiful and attractive landscape which is ideal for livestock, especially pigs which find the conditions here ideal.
Its cobbled streets, Saint John the Baptist's Parish church, its public washing place and its houses clustered together, make this village a very attractive, lovely place.
The Portuguese conquered the land to the Arabs. In the thirteenth century the area became a member of the Council of Seville.
In 1640 the Count-Duke of Olivares is the owner of the land under the jurisdiction of Aracena.
It obtained the title of "Villa" in the times of Fernando VI in the Royal Warrant of 27 May, 1724.
In the eighteenth century, as in the whole region, it is a strong expansion involving an increase in the population. At this time it is built the Church of San Juan Bautista.In the nineteenth century, thanks to its exports of high quality fruits, it knows its glory and reach more than 1,000 inhabitants. From that moment it begins its first decline due to emigration to the mines in Andévalo, then to a mass migration during the 60s.
- Max 10
- Min 7
- Max 50
- Min 44