Located in the north of the province, between the Montellano and Tamarillo sierras.
This sparsely-populated village lies in a mountain pass and contains several places of interest, such as St. Mary Magdalene Church and the main square (Plaza Mayor).
HistoryDuring Moslem times, it belonged to the cora (region) of Moron. A castle called Gailir also stood here,
It was conquered by Ferdinand III in 1240.
The present-day village was founded in 1615, when residents addressed themselves to the Crown in order to request its independence from the town of Moron.
- Max 17
- Min 9
- Max 62
- Min 48