Village situated on the north face of the Sierra de los Filabres, on the boundary with the province of Granada.
The source of the Almanzora River is in this region, as well as other fountains. The dryness of the hills, mountains and unirrigated land contrasts with the vegetable gardens near the river. The town is next to the river. It has winding streets with many crossroads that always lead to a calm and peaceful place.
The first news we have of this village makes reference to it being taken by the troops of Don Juan of Austria with the Moorish rising in 1568. In the "word of mouth" history of the village, there are still poems that tell this story.
A village very closely bound to the history of Serón, it became an independent municipality at the end of the XIX century.
An ideal place for rural tourism and hiking due to its climate, traditional flavour and lovely beauty spots.
Among its monuments and places of interest, the Parish church stands out..
- Max 9
- Min 8
- Max 48
- Min 46