Village belonging to the area of El Condado and situated on the Tierra Llana; its principal activity is the growing of cereals, vines, olives and potatoes
In the village itself we can see the Chapels of the Clarines and Sotiel Coronado and the Potteries.
Its name might come from the transformation of the Latin word "Vias" or it could be a contraction of "tierra benedictina" (Benedictine land).
The Christian conquest was carried out by Fernando III in 1219 and it was given to Don Juan, Bishop of Osma.
Later it passed into the hands of the Dukes of Medina Sidonia.
During the War of Independence it was set on fire three times by French troops.
Manuel David Dominguez, potter and ceramist.
- Max 12
- Min 9
- Max 53
- Min 48