Benacazón

Benacazón
Read more Read less

Municipality of the Aljarafe located in the western part of the province in an area of very fertile farmland.

Its most interesting monuments are the parish church of Santa Marí­a de las Nieves and the chapels of the Soledad and the Vera-Cruz.

History

The area has had settlers since ancient times, as evidenced by the artefacts of the late Bronze Age discovered in the area. The origins of the village seem to date back to a small hamlet founded at the time of the Roman domination.

Its name comes from the period of Al-Andalus, during which it was called Ben-A-Casum.

It was conquered by Ferdinand III, who renamed it Celada. In250 it was granted to Doña Mayor Arias and to the Bishop of Seville D. Remondo.

In 1419 it passed into the hands of the Portocarrero family and obtained the title of Villa and Señorí­o de Benacazón.

In the mid-16th century it was annexed to the domain of the Pantoja family, and became an independent municipality in 1837 when feudal domains were abolished..

Eminent citizens
Pancho Bautista, critic.
Alonso Sánchez, 18th century masterbuilder.

Benacazón
Municipio
Benacazón
The weather today in Benacazón
  • Max 31
  • Min 17
  • Max 87
  • Min 62
  • °C
  • °F

Indispensable

Benacazón
Tourist area
Distance to the capital (km)
23
Altitude above sea level (m)
120
Extension (Km 2 )
32
No. of Inhabitants
6431
Demonym
Benacazoneros
Postal Code
41805
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard
Social networks
en
Read more

we recommend