Bormujos

Bormujos
Read more Read less

Municipality located in the heart of the Aljarafe, neat the city of Seville, in the midst of a rural landscape adjoining the large residential AREAs of the city.

From a historical point of view, the most interesting monument is the Church of Nuestra Señora de la Encarnación.

History

There are doubts regarding the origins of its name. Some historians, including Garcí­a de Diego, claim that the name comes from the Latin Mormulium, which means source. Others state that the origin of the village is probably an Arab farmstead called Boromuji.

Some artefacts dating back to the period of Al-Andalus have been discovered on the estate of Valencilla.

The village was conquered by Ferdinand III and was subject to the jurisdiction of the city of Seville until the end of the 17th century or early 18th century. In the cause list of Alphonso X it is listed with the name Mormujos, and in the 18th century it still appears with the same name.

At the end of the 17th century, or early 18th, it was annexed to the domain of the Guzmán family. It became an independent municipality in 1837, when feudal domains were abolished.

Eminent citizens
Juan Diego, actor.

Bormujos
Municipio
Bormujos
The weather today in Bormujos
  • Max 23
  • Min 20
  • Max 73
  • Min 68
  • °C
  • °F
Bormujos
Tourist area
Distance to the capital (km)
8
Altitude above sea level (m)
98
Extension (Km 2 )
12
No. of Inhabitants
18590
Demonym
Bormujeros
Postal Code
41930
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard
Social networks
en
Read more

we recommend