This village is located in the south of the province. It is near the Villanueva and Oviedo Rivers, among fields of cereals, olive and fruit trees.
The only monuments of interest are the 16th century Church and the 18th century Hospital.
Part of its district lies within the Sierra Mágina Natural Park, a part of the Subbetic region, which offers beautiful and spectacular views. With regard to vegetation Holm and Gall oaks are frequent, as well as pine trees and salgareños. Its rich and varied wildlife is also important.
The first historical notes we have are from the year 1315, when Infante Don Pedro took the fortresses of Cambil and Alhabar, which are now in ruins.
The village passes back and forth from Muslim to Christian hands until 1485 when the Catholic King Fernando took the site after 12 days of defense. Mohamed Lentin, guardian of the fortress, fled to Granada.
The village belonged to Jaen until 1588.
Francisco Puy Muñóz, jurist and writer.
Province of Jaén
The weather today in Cambil
- Max 35
- Min 22
- Max 95
- Min 71