At 47 km away from the capital, lies Campotéjar, on the border with the west limit of the Hoya de Guadix and the south end of the province of Jaén. There are remains of an old castle from its medieval times, when it was a frontier for years between the Christian and Muslim kingdoms.
HistoryConquered to the Muslims in 1486 by the troops of the Catholic Monarchs commanded by D. Fadrique de Toledo, and fortified by the Count of Tendilla in 1490.
It was head of the Marquis of Campotejar state, title granted by King Philip IV to D. Pedro de Granada.
- Max 12
- Min 6
- Max 53
- Min 42