This small village is situated in the north east of the province, in the region of Los Pedroches, in a landscape dominated by mountains and holm oak pastures devoted to the rearing of cows, pigs and sheep.
HistoryThe village was founded in the last third of the 16th century, as a result of the important Vía de la Plata ("Silver Highway") which connected Cordoba with Madrid.
Initially a district of Pedroche, it enjoyed village status from the early 1700"s, although it was not granted its own municipal AREA until the 19th century, having been one of the Seven Villages of Los Pedroches prior to this date.
MON TUE WED THUR FRI SAT SUN
Distance to the town (km)