Pedroso, El

Pedroso, El
Read more Read less
Mountain village located in the north of the province. The municipality is included in the Natural Park Sierra Norte Mountain, area with large meadows alternating with forests of oaks, cork oaks, gall oaks, chestnut, pine and elm, as well as the gallery forests of the rivers. This provides ideal conditions for wildlife species such as otters, wild cats, wild boar, deer, fallow deer and mouflon. They are also ideal conditions for livestock.
Like the majority of mountain villages, it is an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and their places of natural interest. There are also interesting monuments, such as the Church of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación, the Hermitage of the Virgen del Espino, the Carthusian Monastery and the Cruz del Humilladero.

History

The origins of the village date back to the Celtic and Iberian cultures.
During the Roman domination is was called Augustóbriga.
During the period of Al-Andalus it was fortified.
The Christian conquest was undertaken by Ferdinand III in 1247.

Eminent citizens

José Manuel Lara Hernández, publisher.
Pedroso, El
Municipio
Pedroso, El
The weather today in Pedroso, El
  • Max 30
  • Min 24
  • Max 86
  • Min 75
  • °C
  • °F

Indispensable

Pedroso, El
Tourist area
Distance to the capital (km)
69
Altitude above sea level (m)
415
Extension (Km 2 )
314
No. of Inhabitants
2422
Demonym
Pedroseños
Postal Code
41360
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard
en
Read more

we recommend