Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana

Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana
Read more Read less

Located opposite the Royal Chancellery of Granada, the Church of San Gil and Santa Ana was built according to a project by Diego de Siloé in the second third of the 16th century (1537-1548), on the site where the Aljama Almanzora mosque had been built, founded by King Badis.

This mosque was at the foot of the Alhambra, between the right bank of the Darro River and the Almanzora neighbourhood, which were connected by a stone bridge that was named Santa Ana bridge after the church was built. It was built in the Mudejar style, with a single nave and side chapels. It has an interesting Plateresque doorway and interior coffering.



During hours of worship

Visits
Other Visits
en
Read more
Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana
Plaza de Santa Ana, 1, 18009
Contact information
Copied to clipboard
Social networks

Services and infrastructure

  • Historic building
Segments
Culture
Specialties
Church
Season
All year
Duration
30 minutos
Open to visitors
Yes