Láchar, is located in the fertile flat lands of the Vega de Granada, a wide area covered with the greenery of the poplar trees and the well looked after irrigated plains that the river Genil waters in its gentle flow towards the west. To this privileged location one can add its proximity, just 22 km away from the city of the Alhambra.
This village, an important population area in the Nasrid period, was left uninhabited in 1431 by the troops commanded by Álvaro de Luna, just before the battle of La Higueruela.
After the taking of Granada, this village became part of Don Fernán Sancho de Cañaveral Fernández de Córdoba landed state, founder of the entailed state of Benalúa.
- Max 14
- Min 8
- Max 57
- Min 46