Navas de la Concepción, Las

Navas de la Concepción, Las
Read more Read less

Mountain village located in the north-eastern part of the province, near the limit with the province of Córdoba. The municipality is included in the Natural Park Sierra Norte Mountain area with large meadows alternating with forests of oaks, cork oaks, gall oaks, chestnut, pine and elm, as well as the gallery forests of the rivers. This provides ideal conditions for wildlife species such as otters, wild cats, wild boar, deer, fallow deer and mouflon. They are also ideal conditions for livestock. Highlights the area known as the Campana de Los Frailes.

Inside the village with its pretty white houses note should be taken of the Plaza de España and the Church of the Purí­sima Concepción.

History

The origin of the first settlement is linked to the huts of swineherds; pigs have been raised in the AREA since times remote.
It was first called Navas de los Puercos. In 1557 it was authorised by Philip II to form a municipality subject to the jurisdiction of Constantina.
On February 11, 1854 Isabel II issued a Royal Decree granting the village full independence, and changing its name from Las Navas de los Puercos to Las Navas de la Concepción. The change had been proposed by the friars of the Order of San Basilio, founders of the Convent of San Antonio.
Navas de la Concepción, Las
Municipio
Navas de la Concepción, Las
The weather today in Navas de la Concepción, Las
  • Max 20
  • Min 17
  • Max 68
  • Min 62
  • °C
  • °F

Indispensable

Navas de la Concepción, Las
Tourist area
Distance to the capital (km)
99
Altitude above sea level (m)
434
Extension (Km 2 )
63
No. of Inhabitants
1899
Demonym
Naveros
Postal Code
41460
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard
Social networks
en
Read more

we recommend