A village located in the Alto Guadiato region, in the north east of the province. Its territory is a combination of crop fields and the typical Sierra Morena landscape of low hills and holm oak pastures, where thousands of cranes spend the winter each year and pigs, sheep and cows graze.
Los Blazquez itself stands on the plain and is characterised by the regular layout and peaceful atmosphere typical of the region"s villages. Its most noteworthy monument is its parish church.
HistoryThe village dates back to the 17th century and is named after a group of settlers from Fuente Obejuna whose surname was Blazquez.
In 1569, the hamlet of Los Blaquez came under the jurisdiction of the parish of St. Anne in Los Prados.
In 1817, along with La Granjuela, Los Prados, Valsequillo and Esparragosa, it formed the village of Cinco Aldeas (Five Hamlets). This union lasted until 1842, when Los Blazquez became a village in its own right.