Palacio y Jardines de la Buhaira

Palacio y Jardines de la Buhaira
Read more Read less
The Buhaira Palace and Gardens are located at the confluence of Avenida de la Buhaira and Avenida de Eduardo Dato and its surface area is 35,000 m².

It dates back to the time of Moorish occupation, under the reign of Al-Mutamid. There used to be a lake in the area we call the Buhaira today, but it was drained and turned into a recreation area.

This land was extended under the caliphate of Abu Yaqub Yusuf, who planted olive trees, palm trees, vineyards and fruit trees, and built a palace. The water to irrigate these gardens came from the aqueduct of Caños de Carmona.

After King Ferdinand III "The Saint" conquered Seville in 1248, the site was renamed Huerta del Rey. In 1892, Aníbal González was commissioned to design a Neo-Mudejar pavilion, and a century later, in 1999, the area was refurbished and Moorish-style gardens were added.

Nowadays, the Buhaira Palace and Gardens is the civic centre of the Nervión neighbourhood.
Visits
Other Visits
en
Read more
Palacio y Jardines de la Buhaira
Avenida de Eduardo Dato, s/n, 41018
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard

Services and infrastructure

  • Accessible for handicapped
  • Bar
  • Historic building

Segments

Culture, Leisure and fun, Gastronomy

Specialties

Parks and Gardens

Season

All year

Open to visitors

Yes