Rus

Rus
Read more Read less

This little village, situated in the geographic centre of the province, belongs to the Úbeda and Baeza region. It is surrounded by vast, fertile olive groves. Within its municipal district, we can find the Chapel of the Virgen de la Yedra.

History

The village was known in times of the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius (98 to 180 A.D.). For some, Rus is the Roman village of Ruradia.
It is known that during the Middle Ages the village participated in the Battle of El Salado in 1340.
It belonged to the Order of Calatrava and to Baeza"s jurisdiction until 1628 when it separated and became an independent village by a privilege given by King Felipe IV.
Within its municipal district, we can find the Visigoth cave oratory of Valdecanales, hypogeum of three caves excavated in solid rock.
Rus
Municipio
Rus
Rus
Tourist area
Distance to the capital (km)
52
Altitude above sea level (m)
690
Extension (Km 2 )
47
No. of Inhabitants
3793
Demonym
Ruseños
Postal Code
23430
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard
Social networks
en
Read more

we recommend