Parish Church of El Sagrado Corazón de Jesús

Parish Church of El Sagrado Corazón de Jesús
Read more Read less
The Parish Church of El Sagrado Corazón de Jesús is located in the Barrio del Polvorín neighbourhood in Huelva and construction began in 1928. The exterior makes characteristic use of brickwork. It is decorated in a number of forms with special mention for the commemorative tiles.

The bell tower is on one side, and is higher than the rest of the building. On the opposite side there is a baptismal chapel, beautifully crowned with a hemispherical vault.

The church has a single vaulted nave with transverse arches supported by pilasters. On the gospel side there is a sacramental chapel with an altarpiece dedicated to the owner of the church originating in a church in Osuna dating back to the first half of the 18th century. 

There are frescos in the high altar area and in the sacramental chapel, works by Francisco Llonis Santiago in 1998, and also in the area dedicated to the Hermandad de la Victoria brotherhood, by Sergio Sánchez in 2007.

In the sides of the temple there are processional images belonging to the brotherhoods that have their headquarters there: the Hermandad de la Santa Cena, las Tres Caídas and La Victoria.
Visits
Other Visits
en
Read more
Parish Church of El Sagrado Corazón de Jesús
Calle Presbítero Pablo Rodríguez, 1, 21007
Contact information
Copy the contact information
Copied to clipboard

Services and infrastructure

  • Historic building

Target audiences

Friends, For families, Couples, Seniors

Segments

Religious Tourism, Culture

Specialties

Church

Season

Holy Week, All year

Open to visitors

Yes