You should bear in mind that in Andalusia/Spain:
- You will not be able to travel with your pet if it is an endangered species.
- The animal should be identifiable by a microchip or tattoo, and should have the relevant veterinary certificate or passport according to the species.
- The animal should travel with you in a suitable container.
- The majority of establishments do not allow pets.
- The majority of restaurants do not allow pets.
Before you start your trip, we recommend you check with accommodation and transport companies, to see if pets are allowed, and under what conditions.
If your pet is a dog, a cat or a ferret…
Before coming into Andalusia/Spain, your pet should meet a series of sanitary and identification requirements, which may vary according to the country of origin. Furthermore:
- Your pet should be vaccinated against rabies.
- If your pet is less than three months old, there are restrictions for entry into Spain.