SCA Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia

SCA Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia
Read more Read less

The S.C.A. Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia was founded in 1956 with the clear vocation of bring together the farmers and vine-growers in the area to make a productive effort in terms of quantity and quality, which would place the olive oil and wines of Torreperogil in the privileged play where they now stand.

During the visit you will see the modern facilities opened in 2005 and most advanced techniques for producing Olive Oil and Wines with Tierra de Torreperogil Protected Geographical Indication.

With impeccable presentation, Tierra de Torreperogil wines enjoy great prestige and have become unique representatives of an age-old tradition, which was already held in great esteem in the 15th century. The wine-making and production are comprises the districts of Torreperogil, Úbeda, Cabra del Santo Cristo, Rus, Canena, Baeza, Cazorla, Santo Tomé, Pozo Alcón and Villacarrillo. These areas have clay soils and enjoy a continental climate, with temperature variations exceeding thirty degrees, factors which favour the production of wines of indisputable quality.

The varieties of white grape produced represent about 70% of the cultivated area, the most representative variety being "Jaén Blanco". The Pedro Ximénez" and "Airén" varieties are also cultivates, and to a lesser extent, "Palomino Fino", "Cirial", red "Jaén" and others. The remaining 30% is used for varieties of red grapes, mainly "Tempranillo" and "Garnacha Tinta" although "Cabernet Sauvignon" and "Merlot" are also grown.

Prior appointment is required.

Visits
Gastronomic Activities
en
Read more
SCA Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia
Carretera Córdoba - Valencia, N-322, km. 157, 23320

Services and infrastructure

  • Parking
  • Shopping area

Target audiences

young people, Friends, I travel alone, Couples, Lgbti, For families, Seniors

Segments

Culture, Gastronomy

Specialties

Olive Oil, Wines

You may be interested